As we approach the later days of December 2015, I’d like to take some time to consider what 2016 may hold for most of us from a numerological perspective. This can help us to understand the overall trend and collective energy for the year 2016. I’m considering 2016 on it’s own as opposed to Personal Year Numbers which can be done by following this blog.
As itself, 2016 adds to a 9. In Numerology, a 9 represents a full cycle so we have moved through a full cycle since our last 9 year, 2007. It’s no secret that we all have gone through a lot since 2007 so with the approach of 2016 we will probably see many trends come to an end and thus a new cycle begins, as the song goes, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Is this the year we can expect the homelessness and poverty trend to begin dissolving?
Here’s a look back at a few of our past ‘ number9 years ‘:
- Gordon Brown replaces Tony Blair as the prime minister of Great Britain. “Let the work of change begin,” said Brown on the day he was elected.
- The final book of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is released and sells over 11 million copies in the first 24 hours, becoming the fastest selling book in history.
- The Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia join the Schengen border-free zone.
- President Bill Clinton Impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.
- The two oil companies Exxon and Mobil merge to create the worlds largest petroleum company.
- After 30 years, the Cold War between East and West ends following the Malta conference and the Berlin Wall comes down.
- USSR pulls out of Afghanistan
- Start of Iran — Iraq War.
- Spain and United Kingdom agree to reopen the border between Gibraltar and Spain, closed since 1969.
- Cigarette Advertising Ended on Television in USA
- Greenpeace formally comes into existence.
Nine cycles are all about receiving the karma, both good and bad, that has acquired within the past nine years. There’s the possibility of ending relationships or wrapping up schooling degrees as well as beginning careers or relationships that are ready to fully blossom. I believe that in 2016, we will witness many people begin their spiritual journey and with 9 being the number of humanitarianism, those of us who are already on this path will seek to help and reassure those just starting. It should be a year of expanding knowledge, assisting others and immense self-growth. We may find ourselves asking, ‘what is for the greatest good of all?’ Rather than stressing over dropping weight, 2016 will require dropping the negativity in our lives. As we move closer to a new cycle in 2017, use this time to reflect and release old ideals, things that haven’t worked for you and continue the positive path you’ve been working on. This will be the year to finally allow yourself to get over that ex or lover, begin meditation, and finish those nagging projects.
Most importantly, let’s be kind to ourselves. Let go, rest, and forgive.
Here’s to a very welcome and transitioning 2016!
Love, Light & Blessings,